Are you just in your teens and already have white hair? Does that make you feel embarrassed when you are amongst your peers? White hair at a young age might be a common problem, but it does sap the self-image of the individual.
How can any youngster get rid of white hair? Are there any home remedies for white hair in young age? Well, there are! And that is what this post is all about! Read on and get to know of the ways in which you can prevent premature hair whitening!
How To Get Rid Of White Hair In Young Age – 8 Simple Ways
1. Heat Protection
This is a preventive as well as a curative measure against hair whitening. Excessive heat and sweat make the scalp dry. The hair follicles become weak and start to age. As a result, hair goes gray and white. Use caps and umbrellas whenever you step out in the sun. Avoid hot water bath; and also, say no to direct heat from blowers that you use to pat your hair dry. If you have already damaged your hair due to heat, apply cool hair packs to reverse the damage. The scalp gets moisturized with a regular use of such cool conditioner hair packs. Once the normal pH level of the scalp gets restored, white hair follicles wither away. It further promotes new hair growth.
2. Eat Vitamin B12-Rich Food
This is one of the best ways to prevent hair whitening. It is also a curative measure to get rid of white hair. Vitamin B12 maintains the scalp health and heals hair against whitening. Eat fresh fruits and vegetables rich in Vitamin B12 (yeast, cheese, avocados, oranges, plums and cranberry) to develop a healthy diet. Soon the results show up, and hair growth is promoted. White hair strands get overshadowed with new growth, and finally, they fall away.
3. Use Biotin-Rich Hair Products
Biotin is the natural ingredient that maintains black color in the hair. Thus, promote the consumption of biotin rich food items (like oats and almonds) to get rid of white hair at a young age. The use of biotin rich hair cosmetics is also a wonderful mean to restore the natural black color of your hair.
You cannot afford to miss oiling of your scalp on a regular basis if you love your hair. Most teenagers and youngsters are reluctant to oiling. This is one of the primary reasons that we have weak hair follicles resulting in thin hair, white hair and dull hair at a very young age. Use almond oil and olive oil to nourish your scalp. You can also use powerful herbal oil formulas to repair hair damage. Oiling is one of the best and natural ways to get rid of white hair. It is also a sure-shot prevention against hair whitening at a young age.
Henna, the natural dye, is a scalp healing herb. Use henna at least once a week to keep premature hair whitening at bay. It not just protects your hair against whitening; it also erases the appearance of existing white hair.
Stress is a powerful enemy that harms our skin, hair, and health. Excessive stress causes hair whitening at a young age. Youngsters are surrounded with a lot of pressure in life. In such a scenario, the hair quality gets a huge blow in the form of hair whitening and weakening. De-stress exercises and meditation are the two weapons against hair whitening. Meditation restores the chemical balance in our brain and leaves the body and mind calm. It prevents hair whitening and repairs the same.
7. Natural Hair Dyes
Scared of chemical dyes due to the side-effects they cause? Switch to using homemade natural dyes that are a warehouse of scalp nourishing ingredients. Boil tea/coffee in water for 15 minutes and let it cool. Add natural oils to the cooled liquid to form a healthy, natural hair dye. Wash your hair regularly with this natural color to get rid of white hair.
8. Natural Conditioners
Instead of using the chemical-loaded hair conditioners, try your hand at some nourishing natural hair conditioners to promote hair growth and demote hair whitening. Make a paste of Gooseberries and black walnuts, and mix them. Add natural oils to the mixture to make your personalized natural homemade hair conditioner. Use this hair conditioner as a hair pack thrice every week. It reverses hair aging, improves the texture and tone of hair, results in hair strengthening and thickening and treats dandruff.
Now that you know how to get rid of white hair in young age let us know if you’ll give it a try. Natural means are the best ways to get rid of white hair at a young age without damaging the hair quality and scalp condition.
Top 10 Ayurvedic Medicines For White Hair
Here are some Ayurvedic remedies for preventing premature graying and white hair. These are completely natural, can be easily prepared at home and non-invasive.
9. Amla Paste
- Deseed and crush 4 to 5 amla or Indian gooseberries into a paste.
- Apply this paste to the scalp and leave for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Rinse off the hair using water.
10. Coconut Oil And Curry Leaves
- In a small saucepan, combine 1/8 cup coconut oil with ¼ cup curry leaves.
- Cook over a medium heat until boiling.
- Cover the pan and set aside to cool at room temperature.
- Gently massage the oil into the scalp and hair and leave for 20 minutes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water using a gentle shampoo and conditioner.
11. Almond Oil, Lime Juice, And Amla Juice
- Combine 4 tablespoon almond oil with 1 tablespoon amla juice and 1 teaspoon lime juice in a small container.
- Shake well to mix.
- Massage scalp with a small amount of this mixture and leave for 45 minutes.
- Rinse off the scalp and hair with cold water using a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner.
12. Sesame Oil And Carrot Seed Essential Oil
- In a dark colored glass bottle with a tight fitting lid, add 4 tablespoon sesame oil and half teaspoon carrot seed essential oil.
- Shake well to combine.
- Gently massage the oil into your scalp and hair roots.
- Leave for 30 minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water and gentle shampoo and conditioner.
This is an effective ayurvedic medicine for white hair, and this mixture can be stored in a cool, dark place for about a month.
13. Lemon Juice And Amla Powder
- Combine 4 teaspoon amla powder with the juice of 1 lemon and 2 teaspoons of water. Make a paste and set aside for an hour.
- Apply this paste to your scalp and hair roots.
- Leave for 25 minutes and rinse thoroughly with water.
- Do not use shampoo or soap immediately.
14. Henna And Fenugreek Seed Powder
- Combine 2 tsp henna, 1 tsp fenugreek seed powder, 1 tsp curd, 1 tbsp coffee powder, 2 tbsp juice of mint leaves, 2 tbsp and 2 tbsp juice of tulsi leaves into a smooth paste.
- Apply this paste to the hair and leave for minimum 2 hours to maximum 4 hours for a darker color.
- Rinse the paste with water and wash hair with aloe vera shampoo.
15. Almond Oil And Sesame Seeds
- In a food processor, process 1 tbsp sesame seeds and 4 tbsp almond oil.
- Use this oil mixture to massage the scalp for 20 minutes.
- Leave for 20 more minutes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water or herbal shampoo.
16. Coconut Oil And Lemon Juice
- Massage your hair with a mixture of lemon juice and coconut oil.
- Do this regularly.
- This is one of the best treatments for white hair.
17. Cow Milk Butter
Massaging scalp with butter, prepared from cow milk is another good ayurvedic treatment for white hair.
18. Lemon Juice And Almond Oil
Another simple Ayurvedic treatment for white hair is to massage the scalp and hair regularly with a mixture of lemon juice and almond oil.
These are some of the best ayurvedic medicines for white hair. There can be several other factors responsible for premature graying and whitening of hair. It is recommended to seek professional advice if the symptoms persist.
Poses In Yoga For White Hair Prevention
Here we give you 13 yoga asanas in detail that will give you a head full of healthy black hair.
19. Ustrasana (Camel Pose)
- Kneel down on the ground keeping your knees at least 6 inches apart.
- Use both your hands to reach backward and grab the right ankle with your right hand and left ankle with your left hand while looking towards the ceiling.
- Keeping your thighs straight, push your abdomen in forward motion.
- Hold this position for a few breaths, release your hands and return to starting position.
If you are suffering from high or low blood pressure, migraine or any back and neck injury, avoid this asana.
20. Halasana (Plough Pose)
- Lie down on the floor with your back and place your hands by your side, palms facing downwards.
- Slowly lift your legs keeping it at a right angle to the floor, bend it backward over your head such that your toes are touching the ground beyond your head and press your chin against your throat.
- To retain this posture for long, support your back with your elbows on the ground.
- Breathe normally as long as you hold this pose, return to your original position and repeat.
21. Trikonasana (Triangle Pose)
- Stand with your legs about 3 feet apart.
- Now raise both your hands keeping your hands in a straight line with your shoulders.
- Bending towards the right side, touch the toes of your right leg with the fingers of your right hand. Alternatively, some yoga schools may also teach you to touch the toes of your right leg with the fingers of your left hand.
- Raise the left hand towards the ceiling and look up towards your left hand.
- Hold position for a minute.
- Repeat the same with the left side.
22. Apanasana (Knees To Chest Pose)
- Lie flat on the floor on a yoga mat.
- Now fold legs at your knees and bring them close to your chest.
- Hold your knee caps with both palms. As you hold knees with your palms, your fingers should be facing the feet.
- Now inhale straightening your arms and taking legs away from you. As you exhale, bring legs close to you.
- Continue with this breathing and knee movement pattern for a minute or two as per your convenience.
- When done, move legs away from your body and do a side twist with folded knees; once to your right and then to your left.
- Then straighten your legs keeping hands by your side with palms facing downwards to do aSavasana. Keep your breathing normal.
23. Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)
- Lie flat on the ground with your belly, legs kept together with toes pointing outwards and keeping hands on either side of your chest with palms facing the floor.
- Pressing on both palms, raise your forehead and look upwards. Inhale allowing the weight to rest on your chest.
- Extending your arms further, straighten your elbows and lift your chest and rest on your abdomen.
- Maintain for some more time and exhale as you release from this posture.
24. Adho Mukha Savasana (Downward Facing Dog Pose)
- Sit on the fours with the knees and palms on the ground.
- While exhaling, lift your knees off the floor and pull yourself backward stretching your arms and supporting your legs on your toes.
- Now pull your hips upwards towards the ceiling so that your body is in the shape of an inverted V and if required, support with palms and feet.
- Let your head hang downwards and stretch your arms further.
25. Matsyasana (Fish Pose)
- Lie down flat on the mat keeping hands beside your thighs with palms facing downwards.
- Now slide hands beneath your buttocks.
- Take a deep breath and lift your chest and head. Drop your head back and look at the wall behind you. Your buttocks should be on the floor.
- Rest your torso on your elbows and the crown of your head.
- Hold this position for 30 seconds as per your comfort level.
- To release from this posture. First, straighten your head carefully.
26. Pavanmuktasan (Wind Releasing Pose)
Constipation is also another reason for bad hair. This asana is meant to normalize your bowel movements. Easy to do, it is greatly helpful for your overall health too.
- Lie flat on the ground with palms beside your thighs.
- Now fold your right leg at the knees.
- Clasp the knee with both your arms.
- Lift the leg and bring it close to your chest still clasping knee with hand.
- Exhale to raise your head and shoulders and bring your nose close to the knee as much as possible.
- Hold this position for 10 seconds.
- Repeat with left leg in the same way. You can also try with both legs.
The other asanas that will work positively for your hair are headstand and shoulder stand. Any asanas performed with head against gravity improves blood flow to the scalp that perks up hair health. Here are some pranayamas that will improve the condition of your hair and help to maintain its original black color for longer years.
27. Rubbing Nails
- Fold the fingers of both your palms and bring them together.
- Rub the surface of fingernails of both hands vigorously leaving out the thumbs.
- Practice this every day for at least three times.
This asana strengthens the nerves of your fingernails that are connected to your scalp; thereby rubbing them stimulates blood flow to prevent premature graying of hair and increasing hair growth.
Other than these, there are also some pranayama techniques that stop your hair from getting gray before time.
- Keep a folded blanket on the floor and stretch your legs in front of you.
- Fold both legs from your knees keeping your feet beneath the opposite knee and sit with your spine straight.
- Keep your eyes open and breathe normally for 5-10 minutes.
29. Kapalbhati (Fire Of Breath)
- Sit in padmasana with both legs crossed.
- Exhale forcefully through your nose maintaining a rhythm.
- The inhalation happens effortlessly in between your exhalation.
- Start with 3 minutes and then gradually increase the time.
This asana increases blood flow to your scalp that prevents premature graying of hair.
30. Bhastrika Pranayama
- Seated comfortably on a yoga mat in Padmasana or Vajrasana. Keep your hands on your knees. Breathe normally and feel relaxed.
- Inhale deeply through your nostrils with full force till your lungs are filled with air.
- Exhale forcefully through nostrils making a hissing sound till you have breathed out all the air emptying your lungs.
- Remember that in Bhastrika Pranayama; your abdomen should not contract or blow up. Use your chest.
- Repeat for another 10-15 time.
31. Bhramari Pranayama
- Sit on a yoga mat or a soft blanket. Breathe and straighten your spine. Relax.
- Breathe in deeply filling your lungs with enough air.
- With both the thumbs, close your ears.
- Close your eyes and using the middle fingers, press your eyes lightly.
- Press either sides of your forehead with the index fingers.
- With the remaining fingers, press the sides of the bridge of your nose.
- Exhale through your nose, making a humming sound while chanting OM mentally. Inhaling will happen automatically.
- Perform this exercise either 11 or 21 times as per your comfort level.